Monday 6 February 2012

Pole dancing with Mr Dyson



The last few days were very cold, so a great excuse not to do housework, especially doing the dishes in a freezing kitchen! Alas, with rising temperatures and rain, I’ve run out of excuses and dishes, so today I started to get active in my home (no more huddling beside the heater, knitting feebly and dozing off).

I decided to ease myself into the work, and hoover the studio/living room first. Mr Dyson, my 14 year old vaccuum cleaner, who is still going strong, despite its age and being dropped a few times rather unceremoniously, was whipped out and whirled around, after I had to move boxes, yarn baskets, thread, scissors, scribbled notes of knitting patterns and spinning books out of the way. Amazing how messy my studio can get (all the time!).

I turned on the music, and since I had watched The Full Monty last night in Channel 4 (what a great film!), I was inspired to dig out that CD soundtrack – definitely great music to get you in the mood…erm…for housework! So I was (in a way) pole dancing with Mr Dyson to ‘You sexy thing’, and got my studio…spanking clean!

There may be some people who are suckers for punishment and actually like chasing dust in the house, as well as washing floors and scratching dirt from ovens, but I always need some motivation to get down and dirty. However, things are so much easier if you do it to some good music.

If anyone has a good suggestion for music to clean to, please let me know! There is a very filthy oven to attack…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come and spin some yarn!